Finance and Mortgage Broker, Mentor and Managing Director, Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd. | Area: Queensland
Tracy’s career in the finance industry commenced from humble beginnings back in 1998. At the time she suddenly found herself a single mother and was desperate to find a paid position so that she could support her family.
Starting at the bottom in an administration role supporting a team of mortgage brokers at an Aussie Home Loans franchise, she quickly became proficient and excelled in the job. Back in the workforce and with a new found confidence, she recognised that her skills, passion for customer service and vision for developing a more secure future positioned her perfectly to become a finance and mortgage broker herself.
With enthusiasm and drive propelling her to continue improvements within her life, Tracy stepped away from her administration desk and threw herself into the job of education, obtaining both a Diploma and a Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
Armed with the necessary qualifications, Tracy joined Brisbane-based group Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd and commenced her role as a finance and mortgage broker. Now the tough task of building her own client portfolio was in front of her.
Over the next 15 years her client base was not only built, it exploded. So much so, that she became the lead loan writer at Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd and cemented her position as their number one finance and mortgage broker in Australia!
Always seeking to progress and grasp opportunities as they present, Tracy’s next move was both bold and financially brave. With the announcement in 2013 that one of the joint directors of Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd was transitioning to retirement, she made a direct approach for a buyout. With the negotiations successful the deal was done, which meant that in addition to the finance and mortgage broking business Tracy had built over the last 15 years, she had now also secured herself a 50 per cent share in Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd – taking up her managing director in June 2013.
Whilst Tracy and her team continue to build her now 18 year old finance and mortgage broking business, it’s due to her leadership skills and strategic management over the last 3 years, that Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd has experienced phenomenal expansion, growth and increased profits. Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd now boasts a team of 40 plus mortgage brokers resulting in an increased national presence which is allowing the group to penetrate key interstate markets.
Tracy’s success as a director at Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd can be measured by the ongoing industry acknowledgements the company has received – including the number one position in QLD with Australian Finance Group (AFG), numerous AFG Chairman’s Club acknowledgements, and recognition as a 2015 Finalist in the Australian Broking Awards – Major Brokerage of the Year Non-Franchise and MFAA 2016 State Award Winner – Best Broker Group and 2016 Winner – AFG ‘Champion Broker Group of the Year’ for QLD , NT & Northern NSW.
Tracy guest speaks regularly on a range of topics at finance, property and industry events and sits on the MFAA’s WIMBN (Women in Mortgage Business Network) Advisory Panel helping to guide initiatives for the industry.
Outside of her busy life, Tracy is a devoted mother of two. She is an avid lover of AFL (supporting the Brisbane Lions), she supports a range of charities, enjoys travel, social events and horse racing. To relax Tracy reads and indulges in retail therapy – a reward for her hard work and success!
Key business achievements and career highlights include:
- Started in the industry in 1998 with Aussie Home Loans
- Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Panel member of the Women in Mortgage Business Advisory Board (WIMBN)
- A Member of the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA)
- 18 Years as a finance and mortgage broker with Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd
- Purchased a 50% share of Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd in November 2013
- Managed and steered Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd to now be the number one broker firm in Queensland with AFG
- Built Home Loan Connexion Pty Ltd group to in excess of 40+ mortgage brokers
- MFAA 2016 State Award Winner – Best Broker Group
- 2016 Winner – AFG ‘Champion Broker Group of the Year’ for QLD , NT & Northern NSW.
- Regularly qualifies for industry forums – AFG Chairman’s, MFAA & Lenders
- Initiates and leads industry events with business partners and lenders
- Guest speaks regularly for finance, property and industry events.